Shank Wood Log Cabin has been designed as an eco friendly log cabin and guests can feel completely secluded within the cabin with the woods around them. Lake District holidays are all about relaxation and serenity and if no mobile phone signal or television sounds like bliss to you this is the log cabin holiday for you.We pride ourselves on having a completely secluded cabin in the middle of the woods and as such the cabin has been designed to be very rustic. The solar panels power the lighting for the cabin, there is an outdoor wood fired hot tub and BBQ for cooking on the veranda to make your rural retreats special.
We also have a bathroom pod with a hot shower, toilet and sink to make your stay more comfortable.
These are the real log cabin holidays and please read the below about the facilities before booking:
The cabin interior is rustically designed in keeping with the surroundings of the cabin, the interiors are tailored for people who like to get back to basics and consist of:
- Wood burning fire for heating
- Leather sofa
- Large table/benches made from the same wood as the cabin
- Cutlery, pots and pans
- Mezzanine floor for sleeping 2 double beds, back to back (Bed linen, bath robes and are towels provided)
- 2 electrical sockets, these can take small electrical items such as phone/laptop chargers but not hairdryers or larger electricals, so there is no fridge, microwave or television.
- Chest of drawers with cutlery, pots and pans
- Log basket
The outdoor facilities consist of:
- Large Webber gas BBQ with side hob for the kettle
- Outdoor sink with running cold mains water
- Wood fired hot tub
- Bathroom pod with hot shower facility, toilet and sink.
- Log store
- Recycling facilities
Wood for the fires and firelighters are provided, as is a duvet, sheets, pillows, dressing gowns, towels and washing up liquid. There is an outdoor sink.Please note on rare occasions the lighting in the cabin can run out due to lack of sun for the solar panels but we do provide torches and candles if this happens.Please also note the hot tub can take between 4 – 6 hours to heat up, we will light the fire before you arrive to start this process, but you will need to keep it lit to keep the hot tub warm throughout your stay.The hill down to the cabin is steep, so if you prefer you can leave your car at the top of the hill in the allocated parking space and we can transport your belongings down for you. We advise guests to bring a 4×4 if they have one as the cabin is in a very rural location.
There is no mobile phone reception or internet at the cabin, but you can get phone reception at the top of the hill which is a 10 minute walk away, and you are welcome to use the free wifi at our reception building.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01228 792489 for more information.